Please join us in early December for the BCO Annual Mochitsuki fundraiser. On this one day, the congregation and many friends meet to make Mochi (Japanese Rice Cakes) for the celebration of the coming New Year. Mochi is made from a special sweet rice that is steam cooked, crushed, molded by hand into rice cakes and then slowly hand-cooled.
We need the entire congregations and many friends to support this annual event. A special lunch is prepared and served by the Jr YBA youth group.
Date: December 9, 2018
Time: 8am to Finish
If you would like to order mochi, please order early since we normally sell out. See the order form for more ordering information. Pickup is available starting the after 3:30 pm on Sunday. Order Form
- Mochitsuki Event Video – Overview
- Mochi Making – Lesson #1 Fanning
- Mochi Making – Lesson #2 Fanning
- Mochi Making – Lesson #3 Fanning
- Mochi Making – Lesson #4 Fanning
- Mochi Making – Lesson #5 Anko
- Mochi Making – Lesson #6 Folding & Shaping
- Cooking Rice for Mochitsuki #1
- Cooking Rice for Mochitsuki #2
- Crushing/Pounding Hot Rice into Mochi