HŌ-ON Service Teams
In 2015, the Buddhist Church of Oakland has initiated a new structure (HŌ-ON Service Teams) to perform the regular ongoing tasks associated with programs and activities of the temple.
- Temple members are assigned to one of eleven service teams.
- Each service team is led by a temple member and consists of 15 to 20 members.
- On a rotating schedule, each month is assigned to a service team.
- Monthly responsibilities for a team includes coordinating:
- Sunday activities (Morning coffee, greeting visitors, chairing a service, facilitating event luncheon, and other Sunday duties)
- Garden cleanup
- Chapel cleaning
- Funeral call out notice
- Other monthly church duties.
- Additional support from other HŌ-ON Service Teams is used when needed.